When I'm presented with complicated put-togethers, I generally like to start by doing a dry-run on the bench:
One things for sure: March makes some nice pulleyds and brackets....
Instructions say to set up the pulleys like this,
to ensure the new set up lines up as did the old one -
With everything off the engine, I started by dismantling the power steering unit, removing the old pulley -
Since it was torn down, I took the opportunoity to hit it with a fresh coat of paint,
along with some bumper bracketry -
Every fastener got a smear of anti-seize, to avooid what happened when I removed the water pump pulley....
On the engine side....more bracketry
Back on the bench, the AC unit and alternator will get new pulleys as well -
Stay tuned to see the whole mess come together - hopefully!
For more car-building action, visit www.E-tekRestorations.googlepages.com