This weekend I got my son Colt to help me clean up around the 1971 Datsun 240Z so I could begin the task of cutting out and replacing the floors. First think I did was make some braces in order to shore up the trans-tunnel sheet metal. I bolted these to the transmission crossmember mounts and the the rear-end mount. This should help keep the bottom end from moving when I start cutting - but even with this hep, I'll work on only one side at a time.
This is a first cut I did some time ago - before deciding to build a rotisserie. The patches (below) run from the toe board to behind the front seats.
The rotisserie not only gives me full access to the underside, but allows me to work standing (or seated) with the work in front of me. I built this unit in a weekend for about $200 in metal, hardware and wheels.
Don't forget to check out the website at www.E-tekRestorations.com !